Ruth writes: Some of these complimentary dinners of Turkish food come with speakers such as Dr. Hamid Slimi, Imam, Resident Scholar and Founder of Sayeda Khadija Centre and Guest of Honour, Ted Opitz MP Etobicoke Centre; Hanny Hassan, Co-Chair National Muslim-Christian Liaison Committee and Rev. Dr. Karen Hamilton, General Secretary, Canadian Council of Churches; Steve Lurie, Executive Director, Canadian Mental Health Association Toronto Branch. Having been to other dinners of the Intercultural Dialogue Institute myself, I can assure you that you will be sharing tables with some interesting people and hearing some stimulating intercultural talks.
You are cordially invited to join one or more of the Ramadan Intercultural Friendship Dinners hosted by Intercultural Dialogue Institute in different parts of the GTA. Dates and locations of these events are provided below. To learn further details and to RSVP, please visit www.RamadanDinners.ca
– June 27th, 2014: Pre-Ramadan Dinner @ the Mississauga City Hall
– June 30th, 2014: Iftar Dinner @ St. Philip’s Lutheran Church, Etobicoke
– July 8th, 2014: Iftar Dinner @ the Church of the Holy Spirit, Mississauga
– June 8th, 2014: Iftar Dinner with Social Services Network, Markham
– July 10th, 2014: Iftar Dinner featuring Interfaith Panel on “Empathetic Acceptance”
– July 22nd, 2014: Iftar Dinner with the town of Ajax & Indo Canadian Association of Durham, Ajax
– July 23rd, 2014: Iftar Dinner with York Children’s Aid Society and Aurora Cultural Centre, Aurora
– July 24th, 2014: Iftar Dinner with Carabram, Brampton
– July 26th, 2014: Iftar Dinner with Toronto Service @ Nile Academy Plunkett Campus
* This invitation is complimentary.
** Every year Intercultural Dialogue Institute GTA hosts a series of “Community Iftar (fast-breaking) Dinners” during the month of Ramadan. Iftar dinners bring together people of various faith and ethno-cultural backgrounds and serve as a means of fostering dialogue and cross-cultural awareness. Each of these dinners has received many attendees from all walks of life including government representatives, MPs, MPPs, diplomats, bureaucrats, professionals, business people, representatives from media and academia, as well as religious and community leaders.