Someone asked for information on upcoming Korean events and multicultural events that include Korean culture. Please understand that we don’t have time to list them all. Please subscribe to newsletters for dates of future events at the following:
- University of Toronto’s students’ The Korea Club. Students and non-students welcome: http://bit.ly/1VawJ3P.
2. Korean Harvest Festival. Last year it was in August at Mel Lastman Square. Check for dates with the North Toronto Korean Canadian Association. Tel. 647-285-2952.
3. Korean Canadian Cultural Association, 1133 Leslie St. North York. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. 416-383-0777. http://bit.ly/1n6f2nl.
4. Korean Film Festival: Sponsored by Toronto Korean Film Festival and co-Sponsored by Centre for the Study of Korea, For tickets and information: http://www.tkff.ca. For schedule: http://www.tkff.ca/#!2014-programmes/c1q15
5. Asian Institute. http://munkschool.utoronto.ca/ai/events/.
6. Korean Dano Spring Festival at Christie Pits. Korea Town BIA: http://bit.ly/1UXQ3ls
7. Heritage Toronto Tour of Korea Town. heritagetoronto.org
8. Toronto Tea Festival: www.teafestivaltoronto.com.
9. Centre for the Study of North Korea: http://munkschool.utoronto.ca/csk/
10. Korean newspapers in Toronto. Korean Entertainment Weekly, 48 Finch Avenue West, North York ON M2N 2H1
Contact Person: Muhammed Enad Jurany. Email: email@example.com; Korean Journal, Published in Korean, 649A Bloor Street West, Toronto ON M6G 1L1. Contact Person: Young Rin Ryu. Phone #: 416-588-4988; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Korean Churches like the Hope United Church, the Korean Presbyterian Church and the Young Nak Korean Church.
12. Korean Consulate, http://bit.ly/1RYYE3j
13. Multicultural Festivals that have included Korean culture: Harbourfront, Muhtadi International Drumming Festival, CNE International Pavilion, York Police Anti-Racial Discrimination Day and Reel Asian International Film Festival.
Please let us know of others that are affordable. Subscribe to our newsletter and Twitter #torontomulticul and tell others about us.
Can you make one of these for Chinese/China? I’ve been looking all over the place for an events calendar for Chinese events but haven’t found any.
Also thank you for this list! It’s extremely helpful.
Later this summer, I’ll try to compile a list of Chinese events. In the meantime, circle your calendar for the Chinatown festival August 20 and 21 on Spadina Avenue and Dundas. Consult the website of the Chinese Canadian Cultural Centre at: http://www.cccgt.org/index.php/en/events-by-category/eventsbycategory/-. Thanks for your interest. Ruth
Unfortunately, the 2017 Dano Spring Festival has been cancelled.