From Toronto Board of Rabbis: Rings of Peace- Friday March 22In the wake of last week’s massacre at two New Zealand mosques, the Toronto Board of Rabbis is organizing Rings of Peace in locations throughout the GTA this Friday. Here is the list of locations and times. Please note that #13 is incomplete. Please check back for updates.
- Masjid Toronto- 168 Dundas – 11:30 AM, First Narayever – R Ed Elkin
- Imdadul Islamic Centre 26 Lepage Ct, North York – 1 PM, Holy Blossom, R. Yael Splansky
- Islamic Information and Dawah Centre – 1168 Bloor St W – 1 PM, City Shul – R Elyse Goldstein
- Sayeda Khadija Centre 7150 Edwards Blvd. Mississauga, 1 – 2:30 PM, Beth Tzedec – R Baruch Frydman-Kohl and R Steve Wernick
- Taric Mosque, 99 Beverly Hills Dr, North York– 1 PM, Temple Sinai R Michael Dolgin & Daniel Mikelberg. To carpool from Temple Sinai contact email@example.com
- Baitul Islam Mosque – 10610 Jane Street, Maple, 1:15, Pride of Israel – R. Sean Gorman (joined by R Howard Morrison, Beth Emeth)
- Islamic Foundation of Toronto, 441 Nugget Ave, Scarborough, 12:30 PM Darchei Noam – R Tina Grimberg
- Madinah Masjid 1015 Danforth Ave, 1:15 -2:30 PM Danforth Jewish Circle – R Miriam Margles
- Great Lakes Mosque/Jamiat ul Ansar, 291 Great Lakes Dr, Brampton, 1:15 PM, Har Tikvah – R Michal Shekel & Solel (?)
- Islamic Society of Ajax (Masjid Quba), 1501 Harwood Ave N, Ajax, 1:20 PM– R Shalom Shachter & Deborah Lesh (Bnai Tikvah)
- Islamic Society of Markham – Jam’e Masjid Markham, 2900 Denison St, Markham, 1:30 PM -Temple Emanu-el – R. Debra Landsberg & Beth David, R Phil Scheim
- U of T George Campus downtown -1:00 and 2:00 at Hart House Debates Room, 7 Hart House Circle, 1:00 at Multi-Faith Centre, 569 Spadina Crescent – R. Julia Appel firstname.lastname@example.org
- Imam Mahdi Islamic Centre – TBA – Temple Har Zion – R Cory Weiss -contact email@example.com
P. Anne Winter sent me a link to a video of school children in Christchurch, New Zealand published in the Globe and Mail with the message: “Oh my Ruth, how fine is this way to be in touch with the pain sorrow and anger together.” A haka is a traditional Maori ceremonial dance, a challenge. https://www.theglobeandmail.com/world/video-new-zealand-students-perform-haka-in-tribute-to-mosque-shooting/.
If you hear of other acts supporting our Muslim neighbours, please let me know. Ruth. firstname.lastname@example.org. Featured image is of a rally in Toronto. Copyright ©2017 Ruth Lor Malloy.
Dear Ruth, Thanks for the Ring of Peace March 22nd 1pm alert.
Hi Ann, Please check my blog again. There’s a second Ring of Peace being planned. Ruth.